The Academy started its work in the wine sector and has now also successfully implemented customized programmes in other demand-led sectors including Digital Skills, Fast Moving Consumer Goods and Fruit. As it celebrates 10 Years in 2022, PYDA has expanded into more commercial projects as well as a formal Innovation stream.
Personal life skills development is a crucial part of PYDA's programmes. Our programmes include both coaching and mentoring. The integration of dynamic learning teaches and models change.
40% Personal Development
20% Work Practicals
During their time at PYDA, all of our students participate in multiple work practicals. These are an opportunity for them to embed their skills in the real world while connecting with potential employers
40% Technical Skills
The technical skills that are taught at PYDA directly relate to workplace readiness. We strive to work with accreditated facilitators who teach these modules, and our students are required to pass with a 75% pass-mark
THEORY OF CHANGE
The impact of our programmes is measured through a formal monitoring and evaluation process.
1. Students acquire knowledge
2. Students demonstrate understanding
3. Students demonstrate competence
4. Students demonstrate appropriate workplace behavior
5. Students feel supported and demonstrate coping skills
6. Students demonstrate personal growth
1. Graduates are employed in meaningful work
2. Family situations improve for our graduates
3. Graduates are involved by volunteering in the community
4. Graduates are applying personal development skills
1. Graduates advance in their careers
2. Families enjoy improved, sustainable circumstances
3. Graduates are paying it forward by making a difference in their communities